Admiration and yet disgust


As much as I admire the courage and the act of the performance of the age old Circus Spectacle that is the Lion tamer.

Seeing these most noble of animals these kings of the African Savannah, being caged and being used to put on a show...breaks my heart and I cannot in good conscience sit here in this Circus and not feel utterly heartbroken for these poor animals my eyes tear up for them.

From my seat I could see that these lionesses we being crammed into what can only be called an entrance tunnel. At least eight to ten of them standing in a cramped and confined space head to tail, whilst simultaneously the caged tunnel was being beaten and whipped with men shouting at them...there I am a paying customer an observer to this utter crime against nature feeling sick to my stomach at what I am witnessing.

These animals are not domestic dogs that enjoy being on show and are happy to be trained and to perform. These animals are the apex predator in Africa...they are the kings of the jungle, noble, proud and majestic. Not a creature that should have to answer to us humans, we should enjoy seeing these animals in their natural habitat being who they are, they should not be treated in such a demeaning manner.

It wasn't just the lions that were being whipped and made to stand on all fours in a cage, that I found to be highly upsetting, but also the Elephants that were being made to do much the same thing.
These Elephants however were not being whipped but were instead being ridden around on and having acrobats perform on their backs. Being made to stand on their hind legs something which is so against their nature.

The Circus for me should be about making people laugh and thrilled with sheer acts of human brilliance and comedy. Much like what the Cirque du Solei does,in telling an amazing story of epic proportions. With amazing acrobatics and breath taking displays of what we humans can do, leave the exotic animals where they are don't cage them and treat them in such an inhuman way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My life with Aspergers Syndrome (the Social Dyslexia)

The Nissan Juke...The Car which is the very definition of Disciplined Insanty

Peugeot 308 The European Car of Year 2014....or is it? An honest review