Linkedin...is anyone else finding it useful but annoying?


Yes...believe it or not this Gentleman Traveller is also on Linkedin...and no I will not tell you what I go under on this network. 

What might you ask has brought Linkedin under my scope of criticism now? This would be a good question, its not the network itself it is however the people on it...YES you lot. Now what I dislike intently is the utter rudeness of some people on this platform. I can't tell you how many connection requests I get from people whom I have never met, nor whom don't even have the common courtesy as to message me introducing themselves. 

Honestly, what has the world come to when people think; "Oh he / she and I went to the same school, University etc etc whatever I will add them" . These people, (and if you are one them YOU) need to stop doing this and take TWO seconds to stop and think to themselves the following; 

"Did I ever speak to this person? Do I even know this person? Was I even at said school or Uni with them at the same time? let alone at the same campus?"

Yes believe it or not there is such a thing as thought, unless that is you happen to be really fucking lazy and happen not know what Common Courtesy is. Linkedin is not the Tinder of business networking where you can swipe left and right etc. 

All that this kind of behaviour will achieve for all those you who do it...is to SINCERELY PISS PEOPLE OFF....and make them not even want to look at your profile. It takes a few minutes to compose a short message similar to a cover letter, to explain who the FUCK you are and why you want to connect with that person. 

It's very simple and it will likely result in people taking more of an interest in you than would be other wise...regardless of your current position at which ever company you work for...because unless you happen to be a Richard Branson, Howard Schultz, J. J. Abrams etc etc / be particularly well known in your field of work, then no one will give a shit to be completely honest. 

The likely hood of this blog post having any impact on the world is MINUTE but it makes me feel better knowing that this message is out there, who says you need pop a pill to feel better?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My life with Aspergers Syndrome (the Social Dyslexia)

The Nissan Juke...The Car which is the very definition of Disciplined Insanty

Peugeot 308 The European Car of Year 2014....or is it? An honest review