Entering the Suez Cannal

As I enter the Suez Cannal, the gate way to Europe, I feel a familiar chill in the air and I welcome it. It's a sureal sight to see on one side a near barren desert, and on the other a thriving metropolis.

The Chill in the air reminds me that Europe is in winter where as I have been stuck in an eternal summer, as I have crossed the world from West to East and back again. 

As the Sun rises it slowly warms my skin, it's a wlecoming feeling, as I know that in the next few hours, the temperature will rise to a balmy 30-40 degrees.

But on the desert side you see derelict buildings, scrap metal and tyres littering what would other wise be a pleasent landscape, and I remember that this strech of land is more than likely one of the most fought over in history, and that on more than one occasion it must have run red with blood and I weep. For mans abiltiy to create is nothing compared for his desire to destroy.

The Desert is cold, in a place of such warm colours, sand and palm trees. It is the environment that is the most harsh as it can be blisteringly hot or Bome Chillingly Cold. It's a strange experiance to see and feel.

The Second Officer then hands me some work to do and it takes my mind off things for few moments, and then look out side to see a desert paradise green grass and trees surrounded by desert, it's beautiful, a sight to be seen by all.

A scent of wood burning fills the air, it is a pleasent sensation, which fills ones mind with the image of freshly made food, the likes of which I have not had for months now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My life with Aspergers Syndrome (the Social Dyslexia)

The Nissan Juke...The Car which is the very definition of Disciplined Insanty

Peugeot 308 The European Car of Year 2014....or is it? An honest review